Alaskan Omega 820 - 120 Softgels
What Our Experts Say
- Alaskan Omega 820 is a great choice for those looking the most potent and pure fish oil for the best value.
- Contains 820 mg of EPA + DHA per softgel
- This is one of the purest fish oils on the market with no additional ingredients, carriers, or excipients.
- There is no detectable level of any heavy metals, PCBs, dioxin, or other contaminants.
- The softgel gelatin comes from fish, which is a great option for people who don't eat red meat.
- This product leads the market for oil freshness! Fresher oil equates to a better tasting product with longer shelf stability.
- The fish used are non-GMO, wild caught, certified sustainable, and antibiotic free.
The Problem With Most Fish Oil Products
- Many fish oil products are misleading to consumers in a variety of ways. These can get lumped together as potency concerns and purity issues.
- Manufacturers intentionally deceive consumers by confusing the weight of the entire softgel as the strength of the fish oil. Fish oil contains two major active ingredients, EPA and DHA, both which are Omega-3 fatty acids. When a brand says you are receiving 1000 mg, for example, they often are referring to how much fish oil - not how much of the active ingredient you are getting. This allows them to dilute the product and patients are none-the-wiser.
- Fish can live in contaminated waters or feed off other organisms that may be exposed to contaminants. Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and arsenic are common contaminants of fish oil products.
- Omega-3’s from fish are oils and therefore can become rancid, which if consumed daily can be harmful. Most fish oil products don't take enough steps to ensure purity, often using gimmicks such as an enteric coating to hide the distinct taste of oxidized (rancid) fish oil.
- Fish are crucial parts of the ocean ecosystem. Environmental sustainability should be a top concern for all fish oil manufacturers, but it rarely is. The impact of the business on the geographical region often can be devastating.
Our Vitality Approved Solution
- Unlike other brands, we only put the amount of active EPA and DHA on the label of our fish oil products
- We help people understand the amount of Omega-3 acids they need based on their diet to prevent common underdosing of fish oil that happens.
- Vitality Approved fish oil brands meet aggressive standards for contaminants such as heavy metals or PCBs. We seek out manufacturers that eliminate, almost entirely, any trace of contaminants - even below naturally occurring levels.
- Our Vitality Approved Standards have set strict requirements for preventing and eliminating oxidation or rancidity.
- Sustainability is a chief concern for Village Vitality. The selection of the right fish, the practices of the fisheries, and the impact on the fishermen and their communities by the manufacturer must demonstrate a similar level of concern.
- We look for third-party certifications and testing results to ensure quality in potency and purity.
- All our products meet our Vitality Approved quality standards, ensuring potent and pure products on a consistent basis.
- This product was made specifically for us. While some companies do this for financial gain, our primary motivation is to provide 100% transparency into the manufacturing and quality practices of the product.